Senior Backend Developer
About The Position
Cyber attacks are an enormous threat to our society, bigger than any one person or group, and much harder to trace. That’s why our company’s mission is to democratize personalized security and make people safer, at the touch of a finger. Cyrus was founded by cybersecurity experts combining their know-how and experience to create the most accessible and world-class personal cybersecurity product. Sounds cool? We forgot to mention that as Cyrus takes on the bad guys, they also have fun. Expect happy hours, team events, and much more!
In this role, you will be part of a team of highly skilled programmers, researchers and product managers, help develop and design our backend – to power our mobile app, services and platform to protect our users against consumer fraud, cyber-security threats and identity theft.
- Work with our engineering team to deliver an innovative personal security solution.
- Design our APIs, database models and schemas.
- Building the product features that makes our app the go-to solution for one’s cybersecurity protection. From concept to tech design, from architecture to production.
- Lead technical design decisions on our backend infrastructure.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code.
- Own the core microservices development. Including writing high-quality tests that’ll enable rapid delivery of new features.
- 4+ years experience in Developing
- Experience in all things related to building data products – schema design, modeling, optimization, scalability.
- Experienced in frameworks and technologies such as Kafkam Postgres, Document DBs, Redis.
- Familiarity with API services written in Python/Typescript/Go and infrastructure.
- Expertise in testing methodologies (Unit-testing, TDD, mocking) – Advantage
- Contribution to open-source projects – Advantage
- Experience with different cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) – Advantage